All at Once Again: Life, but Improvised
How life improvised happening all at once, once again, June 3rd 2011, Bath
Driven by the tumult caused by our very haeccity, quiddity or thisness, All at Once Again: Life, But Improvised Happened Again at the Chapel Arts Centre, Bath on Friday, June 3rd 2011 as part of the Bath Fringe Festival. This is a 15 minute cut from the 2hr 20min video that the amazing Liliana Ciobanu made.
The Situationists will be legion, but will include:
- Tom Bailey once of the Thompson Twins
- James Mickelson of the UFO Club, painting & roasting coffee;
- Anthony Stern, whose experimental sixties film San Francisco, might inform proceedings;
- Charley Dunlap on trumpet, flugelhorn and voice assisted electronics;
- Lucy Raverat, the painter will paint and play the accordian;
- Laura Dunlap on voice-assisted electronics and structural directorship;
- Nigel Lesmoir-Gordon on film, poems and words of mouth;
- Stoney McCall, DJing, mixing and Kaosilating;
- Tim Walker, the legendary guitarist;
- Suze and Carly the improvising dancers;
- William Pryor on Korg Microsampler, keyboard and his word (Multiverse – the 1965 happening sound collage);
- Ray Stephens of the Swindon Big Band on alto and baritone saxophones; and
- Peter Wynne Willson and confreres projecting their jaw-inspiring floydist light show on the inside and the outside.
As before, among those not attending will be the Pink Floyd, Albert Ayler, John Cage, Sun Ra, Henry Cow, Kurt Schwitters and many more.
like these guys in the hippest dance sequence in the movies (from Jean-Luc Godard’s Bande à Part)
to get you in the mood here’s John Cage making Noise
a remix of Kurt Schwitters’ Ursonate from Dada for the 21st Century by Padukem